I've never been a part of a book club, but they seem like they would be so fun. I love the idea of getting together with a group of friends and discussing a current read, so I thought I'd dedicate this Top 5 to fictional characters I'd want in my book club. So let's get to it!
1. Matilda Wormwood: Much like Matilda, I turned to books at a young age as a means of escaping reality, so I feel like we'd have a lot in common. And after we talk about books, we can dance around the living room to Rusted Root and she can telepathically bring us some snacks.
2. Daria Morgendorffer: If I had to choose one character to describe myself, I would always pick Daria. Not only do we look alike, but her preference for reading over going out and being social is one I know very well.
3. Jess Mariano: I know when you think "Gilmore Girls" and "books", you immediately think Rory, but I'd pick Jess over her any day. Jess wrote a novel, he's in publishing, and he writes in the margins. Plus, he is just so dreamy.
4. Hermione Granger: As if I could have a book club without Hermione. She always knew the power books held, and used her cleverness as a weapon and I would just really like to hang around the Hogwarts library with her.
5. John Keating: O Captain, My Captain. My love for English and literature stemmed from Dead Poets Society. Keating was so energetic about his love of the written word and teaching his students to look at everything from a different perspective. He urges them to think for themselves and helps them to understand the beauty in words and the world around them.
Who would you want in your book club? Lemme know!