As it's the day of lovey-dovey-ness, I thought what better than a Top 5 dedicated to the songs that inspire those heartfelt feelings.
1. If I Should Fall Behind- Bruce Springsteen: The Boss is known for being a gruff mans man, but boy, does he know how to sing a pretty song. This is all about staying beside one another and helping each other through the hard times, and it's just lovely.
Favorite lyric: "If as we're walking a hand should slip free / I'll wait for you / And should I fall behind / Wait for me"
2. "These Arms of Mine"- Otis Redding: This song makes me want to get married just so I can use it as my wedding song. I've loved it since the first time I heard it in Dirty Dancing, and if it's good enough for Baby and Johnny, it's good enough for me.
Favorite lyric: "These arms of mine, they are yearning / Yearning from wanting you / And if you would let them hold you / Oh, how grateful I will be"
3. "Wouldn't It be Nice"- The Beach Boys: This is such a happy, fun love song and it never ceases to put a smile on my face whenever I hear it.
Favorite lyric: "Happy times together we've been spending / I wish that every kiss was never ending / Oh, wouldn't it be nice?"
4. "Your Song"- Elton John: Could I really have a Top 5 without this? It's such an iconic love song and no matter how many times you hear it, it still makes you all warm inside.
Favorite lyric: "I hope you don't mind that I put down in words / How wonderful life is, now you're in the world"
5. "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"- The Smiths: Maybe a slightly unconventional pick, but Morrissey just knows how to yearn. It's one of my favorite songs by The Smiths and I just love it so much.
Favorite lyric: "To die by your side / Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine"
Do you have any favorites? Lemme know!