I love a nice warm Christmas movie as well as the next person, but sometimes it's fun to watch a slightly different take on the holidays. Here are a few of my favorite Christmas-but not-Christmas movies.
1. Die Hard: This is definitely a huge favorite of mine. I watch this multiple times during the holiday season, and it just gets better each time. Bruce Willis has so many iconic quotes and I can't help but laugh each time I see his terrible rubber feet.
2. Batman Returns: Aside from being my favorite Batman movie, it's also a pretty decent Christmas film. I mean, sure there's a death during their Christmas tree lighting, but we can look pass that. And I think we can all agree that Michelle Pfeiffer will forever be the best Catwoman.
3. Edward Scissorhands: Tim Burton just has a way with holiday films that's so unique. Much like Batman Returns, it's a bit of a twisted take on Christmas, but who can forget Winona Ryder dancing in the "snow" from Edward carving the big ice angel.
4. Gremlins: What's more festive than watching a bunch of evil Mogwai screeching Christmas carols? I love this one because even though it's definitely a bit darker, there's still so many lighthearted and fun moments. Plus, I'll just always love Gizmo.
5. Trading Places: What's better than an Eddie Murphy/Dan Aykroyd switch-a-roo? These two are from completely opposite society classes, and the hijinx that ensue when they trade lives is so ridiculous.
Let me know if you have any favorite non-traditional holiday movies!