Hello, all and Happy New Year!
I'm not usually one for resolutions because I never tend to stick to any and then feel like a failure. However, with the start of a new decade, I figured I'd try something new. Here are just a few things I want to keep in mind heading into this chapter of life:
1. Work on my mental health: This past year or so has really taken a toll on me anxiety/depression wise, so I really want to work on pulling myself out of this slump and getting back to enjoying life.
2. Put down books I don't enjoy: For some reason, I always feel bad DNF-ing a book, so no matter how much I'm not liking it, I still force myself to finish. No more! I read somewhere that it takes 50 pages to get hooked on a book, so if by then I'm not feelin' it, I'm going to step away. My TBR pile is too long to waste it on books I don't enjoy.
3. Exercise and drink more water: I used to be really good about going to the gym and watching what I eat, but then I got lazy. I'm in my 30's now and I can't keep up the same diet I had in my early 20's. So, I'm going to try and be better about my choices and make it a point to get at least 20-30 minutes of exercise a day. Also, I'm the worst when it comes to drinking water because I have the bladder of a fruit fly, so I'm perpetually dehydrated. So, if you ever see me around, just tell me to drink some.
4. Go out more: This'll definitely be the biggest hurdle for me since I am a hermit down to my very core. I love nothing more than curling up on my couch in a blanket burrito. A lot of my seclusion this year was just due to not feeling comfortable around a lot of people anymore, but I want to make it a point to see my friends and make fun memories going forward.
5. Spend less: I'm not terrible with money, but I don't feel I'm particularly good with it either. I feel like there's so many better ways I can be managing it, so I want to learn how. I want to try not to spend a lot on things I only want but don't necessarily need. Especially when it comes to books. I've been pretty good about utilizing my library rather than buying tons of books every month, so I want to continue doing that. If anyone has any money saving tips, please let me know!
What're some goals you have? Lemme know!