As I stated in last year's post, I'm not a fan of summertime, but I am a fan of summertime movies. Here's 5 more films to get you through the season of the heatwave.
1. Wet Hot American Summer: What screams "summer" more than camp? Instead of following the kids though, it's all about a group of counselors who are all so weird and unlike any camp worker you've ever had. It also gave us probably one of the best insult/quotes: "You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."
2. Stand by Me: Summertime is always about hanging out with friends and going on adventures, I will admit none of my childhood outings included a dead body, though. It's also such a classic coming-of-age story, and I'll always love 80s Corey Feldman.
3. Summer School: Confession- I always wanted to go to summer school when I was younger. I didn't realize that you only really went to summer school if you didn't do well in your classes. I just wanted to do extra English work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Luckily, I had this movie to live out my summer school fantasies. I also feel like it's a super underrated movie, so do yourself a favor and watch it cause it's so good.
4. I Know What You Did Last Summer: Ah, the summer staples: parties, beach days, accidentally killing a man and covering it up only to then get stalked and killed off by the person you thought you killed. Also, can we all agree that Sarah Michelle Gellar has an on point horror movie scream?
5. What About Bob?: Everyone needs a vacation once summer rolls around, especially a psychiatrist, but what happens when one of your obsessive-compulsive neurotic laden patients follows you on your quiet family trip? Hilarity, that's what. Bill Murray is in his prime here, and the first time I watched it I couldn't help but think how I am Bob and Bob is me.
Lemme know some of your favorite summertime movies!