I know we're already a bit into the month, but I still thought it'd be fun to share some spooky reads if you're looking for something to add to your TBR.
1. Daisy Darker- Alice Feeney: Not only is this a reimagining of an Agatha Chrisite murder mystery, but it's also set on Halloween so it automatically makes in the perfect read for this month. I recently read it and loved the atmosphere.
2. What Moves the Dead- T. Kingfisher: This is another reimagining, this time of Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher, and would be perfect for fans of Mexican Gothic/light horror. There is a made-up language that Kingfisher introduces in regards to pronouns (the main character is non-binary) that took me a little while to grasp, but other than that, I thought this was enjoyable.
3. The Kiss Curse- Erin Sterling: I read The Ex Hex last year and thought it was so adorable, and this follow-up companion novel is just as great. I actually liked it a bit more because I loved the dynamic between the two main characters. If you're looking for a cozy-Stars Hollow but make it spooky-kinda vibe, this is the one to go with.
4. Cycle of the Werewolf- Stephen King: I picked this up on a whim from the library, and it became one of my favorites by King. It follows the residents of a small town, and each month someone is brutally murdered by what seems like a werewolf, so they have to figure out who's behind it and how to stop them. It's a novella and every chapter focuses on a different month, so it would be good to pick up if you're craving something fast.
5. Slewfoot- Brom: If cutesy witches aren't your thing, then you should check out Slewfoot. This is a dark and twisted tale of a young widowed woman living in a Puritan society, who turns to a mysterious force in the woods to help her keep her farm. I'll admit, I loved the ambience of this one, but did think the actual plot was a little boring. But if you don't mind a slower paced story, then I'd still recommend checking it out.
Let me know what books you have on your TBR's for this month!
Post a Comment