So, mix my love of list making with today's topic of fictional deaths and what you get is one bittersweet Fandom Friday. Now, I'm not one to get so emotional to the point where I'm heaving with sobs, but these five deaths made my tear ducts come thiiiiiis close to becoming Niagara Falls.
1. Dobby (Harry Potter): When I went to see this in theaters, a man behind me dropped his entire popcorn bucket on my head, and I still stand by the fact that it was just popcorn butter on my face and not tracks of tears.
2. Ellen and Jo (Supernatural): Out of all the deaths on this show, and holy cow have there been a ton (not counting all the times Sam and Dean have died themselves), this was the one that got me the most. I can't even re-watch this episode because I'm on edge the whole time because I know how it turns out and I hate it.
3. Wash (Firefly): This is the first of many heartbreaks that Joss Whedon has put me through. (Another one is to follow, just a heads up.) I always tell myself not to get too attached to a character if Joss has anything to do with them because I know it's just a matter of time before he impales them with a harpoon.
4. The Red Wedding (Game of Thrones): Ugh. Ugggggggghhhhhhhhh. I've read all the GoT's books, so I had fair warning that this was going to happen, and it was heartbreaking in the book but watching it unfold on screen was absolutely gut wrenching. It also didn't help that I went to my first wedding after seeing this and I spent a good majority of the time thinking "The Rains of Castamere" was going to start playing any second.
5. Joyce Summers / Tara Maclay (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): I couldn't decide between these two since both left me a complete and utter mess. To this day, I can't listen to Anya's speech in "The Body" about not understanding why Joyce was dead without getting so choked up it's like I swallowed a softball. Don't even get me started on Tara, no really don't because I will wallow and then have to eat my feelings away. I will never be over these two. Damn you, Joss Whedon!
Now, I need to go talk to some Ben & Jerry's about this list. What character deaths are you guys not over?