This is my favorite topic thus far because I. Love. Autumn. I mean, a lot. Fall is my favorite time of the year, not only because my birthday is in the fall (come on, November!) or because my pasty Irish skin doesn't have to worry about burning anymore, but because I feel there is something so pretty about how the world looks during autumn, even though everything is dying. Plus, New York in the fall is always a sight to behold.
So, here are just a few of the things that make this my favorite season:
1. Apple picking!: Every year, my friends and I go to an orchard way out east on the Island and pick apples. We usually go around this time and it always feels like the official start of fall. I make my way through the orchard picking as many apples as my little paper bag can hold and it's the best. It's a little tough reaching some of the apples though because I'm a tad on the shorter side, and they even have "dwarf trees" that are meant for little kids and things like that, which I still barely can reach! Once I even made homemade apple sauce, but I learned I should leave that to Mott's because it was terrible haha.
2. Football!: Now, I'm not a huuuuuge sports fan, but college football is my jam. Growing up in my family, you were either a Yankees, Giants or Notre Dame fan. I actually didn't start getting into football until about 6 or so years ago; I would watch it here and there with my family, but one Saturday I had nothing better to do, so I sat down with my brother and watched a game and from then on it was like our little weekend tradition. We even went out to Indiana and saw a game at Notre Dame stadium and it was unbelievable. We're going to another game this year in Pittsburg and I can't wait!
3. Clothing!: First off, I wish I knew who made that picture because it's adorable. Secondly, can we all agree that autumn attire is the best attire? I feel like I can finally wear all the clothing I actually like now. I'm one of those people who only feel comfortable if I'm covered from neck to ankle in fabric. Bring on all the thick sweaters, boots and tights, I'm ready for ya.
4. Tea!: Now, I drink tea year round, but there's something way cozier about curling up with a nice hot cup of tea (or hot chocolate, I'm not picky) when it's chilly outside. Throw a book into that mix and add maybe a dash of rain outside, and that will always be my ideal day.
5. Halloween!: My favorite, favorite part of fall. I've always been obsessed with Halloween-- everything from the decorations to the costumes (I always make my costumes-- last year I was Elliott and made a handlebar/basket to carry my ET doll in) to the movies. I have a yearly tradition starting October 1st going all the way to the 31st of watching one Halloween themed/scary/sci-fi movie a day, and I'll always end it with Halloween because I mean, obviously! I can't wait until I have a house of my own because there is no doubt in my mind that I'm going to be one of those people who goes all out with the decorations. And I will regret nothing.
My Dream Fall Trip: I'm a huge fan of the supernatural and history, so I've always wanted to head up to Salem, MA and go on all the witch tours and see all the sights, but whenever the fall comes it's like that feeling grows tenfold. I try to convince my friends to take a road trip all the time, but so far no dice. One day I'll get there!
What are some of your favorite things for fall? Let me know!