It was a sad time in the entertainment community this week with the loss of Marvel's own Captain, Stan Lee. The only other celebrity death that has affected me this much was Robin Williams. I've loved Marvel comics since I was a kid; these stories and characters that Lee created, made me who I am today. He seemed like such a kind, generous, funny person and my favorite parts of any Marvel movie are always his little cameos. So, I thought it only fitting to dedicate this Top 5 to just a few of his best moments. Stan Lee was a titan of the industry, and I for one will miss him dearly. Rest in Valhalla, and thanks for all the stories. Excelsior!
1. Iron Man: This was the one that kicked off the MCU and thus brought us the greatness that is the Stan Lee cameo. Here he plays a Hugh Hefner-type playboy and it really is such a blink-and-you'll-miss it scene, but I just had to include it.
2. The Amazing Spider-Man: This is actually one of my favorites because it feels the most like what I would think Lee was actually like. Just a happy ol' man listening to some tunes, completely oblivious to the fact that there's a fight behind him.
3. Captain America: Civil War: Now, this one is probably my favorite cameo. I mean, Tony Stank. It's just so good.
4. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: This cameo I loved because of what it brought to the table. It basically confirmed that Lee's cameos have all been the same, and that he's a "watcher informant." Watchers are an ancient race of aliens that pretty much oversee the whole universe, and the fact that Lee's been reporting to them the whole time is pretty neat.
5. Thor: Ragnarok: I love this one because I think it's so cute. What's more adorable than an old man with a rotating set of shears telling you to hold still right before he cuts your hair because his "hands aren't as steady as they used to be"? It's like the geriatric Edward Scissorhands. I love it.
What are some of your favorite Stan Lee moments? Lemme know!