Whenever a book is turned into a movie, it's always very hit or miss. There are some that I think are insulting to their original format, but a few others I like almost as much as the book. Here are just a few I enjoyed. (And yes, I left out Harry Potter cause I feel like those are a given favorite.)
1. Little Women: I was really looking forward to this new adaptation of the Louisa May Alcott classic, and it didn't disappoint. It was so fun and lighthearted, yet still had all the emotion you want. Saoirse Ronan and Florence Pugh especially did such a stand-up job.
2. Forrest Gump: I'll forever be a fan of whatever Tom Hanks does. I don't get very emotional over books/movies, but I always choke up whenever Forrest is talking to Jenny about their son and goes, "Is he smart or is he..." and points to himself. 😭😭
3. The Princess Bride: While I do love the book, the movie brings a whole other level of magic that I actually love the movie more. The casting is so perfect, the humor is spot on, and it's just one of my favorite movies. I can watch this over and over and never get tired of it.
4. To All the Boys I've Loved Before: Ugh, how cute is this movie?! Lana Condor and Noah Centineo have amazing chemistry and it really shines through and makes the characters even better. I must've watched this about 5 times within the first few days it was released, and I still watch it all the time. I did enjoy the second, P.S. I Still Love You, but I definitely think this one is my favorite.
5. Jurassic Park: This one might be a cheat since I've actually never read the book yet, but I'm throwing it on here anyway! Again, this is one of my favorite movies and I can't even count the amount of times I've watched it. My friends and I even used to walk around doing the little snort noises the raptors make when they call their pack together. I don't know a single person who doesn't like this movie, it's just so good!
What're some of your favorite adaptations? Lemme know!