5 Fandom Friday- Favorite Spoopy Movies
You all know I love me some horror movies during October, but sometimes it's nice to break up all the blood and guts with something more cutsey. So, today's list is all about those Halloween movies that aren't so much as "spooky," but rather the more family-friendly "spoopy."
1. Practical Magic: Oh, how I wish I were an Owens. Except without all the curse business. While this still has some dark moments in it, it's overall a fun movie. I mean, who didn't wish they were dancing around the kitchen making margaritas with those ladies?
2. Addams Family Values: I may get some flack for this, but I actually like this one better than the original Addams Family movie. I love the camp aspect and Joan Cusack is fabulous. I've also spent the majority of my life being compared to Wednesday, so I had to include her on here.
3. Beetlejuice: This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Fun fact: After 10+ years of getting tattooed, I finally started on my arms (I've always gotten my legs/sides) and a Beetlejuice inspired one was the one that broke the ice. I also think this is and Batman are Michael Keaton's best roles, and you cannot tell me otherwise.
4. Hocus Pocus: I mean, obviously this was gonna be on here. It's not the Halloween season if I don't watch this movie multiple times. I've never met someone who didn't love this movie. It's become so iconic, and it's well deserved. Plus, Thackery Binx is fiiine.
5. The Mummy: My love of this movie knows no bounds. Anytime it's on TV, I have to drop everything to watch it. It's just so good and so so funny. Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz are just *chefs kiss*
Lemme know some of your picks!