5 Fandom Friday- Villains That Messed You Up as a Kid
Everyone has those very specific characters or moments in movies that completely scared the daylights out of them growing up. I mean, the boat scene in Willy Wonka? Straight up nightmare fuel. I have no problem admitting that these characters still haunt me to this day.
1. Judge Doom (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?): I hate everything about him, from the bulging eyes to dipping the innocent little cartoon shoe into the Dip. As if he wasn't terrible on his own, he had the gang of annoying weasels who always spoke as if they were 1930's mobsters.
2. Hexxus (Fern Gully): When I tell you I used to RUN behind my couch whenever "Toxic Love" started playing on the screen. A giant sludge monster could terrify any kid, but then you grow up and realize it was a representation of humans destroying the earth and it makes it even worse.
3. Ms. Trunchbull (Matilda): Did anyone else have nightmares about being thrown in the Chokey? Or being tossed by your pigtails? She was definitely not someone who should've been in early education. Side note: if someone could please show me how to wear a bun without looking like her, I'd be forever grateful.
4. Other Mother (Coraline): How could any kid not be traumatized if a creature posed as their mom only to sew buttons on their eyes and steal their soul? Not today, Satan. My Mama is off limits.
5. The Grand High Witch (The Witches): Abso-freakin'-lutely no, thank you.
What're some of your picks? Lemme know!