I almost went really controversial on this by including Grease 2 (the acting was terrible but the songs were on point), but I decided to keep it tame. I also left off a few more popular musicals (like Hamilton) because I feel like some are just a given that everyone loves them.
1. Newsies: I watched the heck out of this movie when I was growing up. The songs are so catchy and my childhood crush will forever be Spot Conlon.
2. Across the Universe: I mentioned my love for this musical a few months back, but it’s just so good.
3. Mamma Mia!: I will never apologize for my undying love for ABBA.
4. Moulin Rouge!: Ugh, the songs! The costumes! Everything is so good.
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show: I vividly remember seeing this movie when I was about 5-years-old (waaaay too young but, hey, my Uncle was babysitting) and falling head over heels for it. It’s just so fun.
Let me know some of your picks! Oh, and also-- I've switched over to a new subscription service, so if you want to enter your email in on the sidebar to stay up-to-date on all my posts, I'd appreciate it!