My favorite TV show is Seinfeld (I even recently got a puffy shirt tattoo in its honor), and this month marks the shows 30th anniversary. Since my supervisor and I spend the majority of the work day quoting episodes back and forth, I thought I'd dedicate this Top 5 to the best one-liners. There's so many great quotes from this show, and really something for everything, making this very hard to narrow down to just 5!
1. "The jerk store called, they're running out of you."- George: George has some of my favorite quotes throughout the series, and this is definitely up there. It's the best nonsense insult to throw at someone and I love it.
2. "These pretzels are making me thirsty." - Kramer: I vividly remember me and a group of friends sitting at a table in our college cafeteria one day during break just yelling this over and over again. Everything that came out of Kramer's mouth the entire series was just gold. I also love how all the gang takes their shot at delivering this line, and George just really goes for it.
3. "Serenity now!"- Frank Costanza: This is my go-to whenever I'm stressing out. In fact, my supervisor even printed this out for me to hang in my cube after a very ridiculous week of work.
4. "The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."- George: George had quite a few fake jobs during the show (who can forget Art Vandelay, importer/exporter?), but I think my favorite was when he pretended to be a marine biologist and then needed to help a whale who got a golf ball stuck in its blowhole.
5. "STELLA!" - Elaine: Although I regularly use "GET OUT!" while pushing people, even just thinking about this scene cracks me up. All it is is a heavily medicated Elaine channeling her inner Marlon Brando at Jerry's aunt, but it's so hilarious.
Are you all fans of the show? Lemme know some of your favorite quotes!
Awesome quotes! Seinfeld is a classic. The marine biology episode is my all-time favorite. I used to take acting classes in college and joked to my sister that that scene was going to be my monologue for auditions. lolReplyDelete
Haha, that's awesome!Delete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete