Hello, all and May the Fourth be With You!
Before getting into this post, I just want to touch upon the loss of Peter Mayhew earlier this week. I was lucky enough to meet him at a Wizard World convention once. It was my first ever con and I was so nervous, but he was incredibly kind and nice to everyone in line. The Force will be with you always, Chewie. 💓
Star Wars has been a huge part of my life ever since I first saw Return of the Jedi when I was 5. It has been my constant companion throughout the years, and one of my biggest sources of wisdom. That being said, this Top 5 is dedicated to some of my favorite quotes throughout the series.
1. "I've got a bad feeling about this" - Multiple characters: This is one of those phrases, like "May the Force be with you", that always wiggles its way into every movie, and I love it. It's so universal, and I can't help but say it in my best grumpy Harrison Ford voice whenever anything slightly goes wrong in my life.
2. "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" / "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda: I'm cheating a little on this one by having two, but they come from the same scene so I'm counting it as one! These are the two quotes that've really stuck with me throughout the years, and probably are my very favorites of the bunch.
3. "Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"- Leia: Now, there are so many great sassy Leia quotes, but this one popped into my head first. It just makes me laugh and really is the perfect insult. Leia was the full package for me: smart, strong, independent and sassy as heck. Little Heather wanted nothing more than to grow up to be just like her, and honestly, still wish I could be her when I grow up.
4. "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause"- Padme: Like many, I don't particularly love the prequels. They definitely have their fair share of flaws, but my thing is, they're still Star Wars movies so I'm still gonna like them despite all that. What I did enjoy about them, though, was Padme and whenever I think about the prequels, I always immediately go to this quote.
5. "Chewie, we're home." - Han Solo: Getting new Star Wars movies is always a thrill, and I vividly remember stopping everything at work to watch the trailer for The Force Awakens and getting so choked up at seeing Han and Chewie back on the Millennium Falcon. It was an emotional moment and just made me even more pumped for the new trilogy.
Let me know some of your favorites!